Frequently Asked HVAC Questions
Throughout the years, we have come across many different questions that our customers have. Here are a few of the frequently asked questions, and their answers:
- How often should I replace the filter? The frequency of changing your filter differs depending on how much your heating and air conditioning system operates. That is also driven by individual climate. A good start is to clean your filters at least once a month. This will also allow you to see the change in your filter and help determine the best time to replace it.
- How often should I have my HVAC system serviced? It is recommended that your HVAC system be serviced at least once a year, however, twice might be more ideal in some cases. Once before the winter months to make sure you have heat, and once before the summer months to check your air conditioning.
- How do I choose the right HVAC system for me? Make sure you know what you’re looking for in an HVAC system and we will help decide which system works best for you. Take into consideration the size, budget, temperature needs, and allergies. Each of these factors should be included in your decision.
- How can I increase efficiency and lifespan of my HVAC system? Along with many other ways, one of the best ways is to clean or replace you air filters regularly. You could also have shades or curtains installed in rooms that are exposed to more sunlight, cutting down on energy costs. Most HVAC companies offer air filter replacement included in a maintenance call.
- How does heat and air travel throughout my home? The air travels through ducts that run to your systems’ air handler, where it is returned into the conditioned space through the vents in your ceiling, walls, or floors. A fan draws indoor air in through the vents, which are also referred to as return grills.
- What size air conditioning system do I need? This is the hardest question to answer simply because the answer differs depending on your specific needs. Having a system that is too large, can cool your home too quickly, which can lead to moisture and mold problems. On the other hand, having a system that is too small will never cool your office or home, and will continuously run attempting to do so. There is really no rule of thumb when it comes to sizing an AC unit. The best bet is to have a professional come out and see your location.
If you need air conditioning repair or are interested in upgrading your HVAC system, call Climatemp today at 251-408-9744 to schedule AC repair or set an appointment for a free estimate on a new air conditioning unit. We serve customers throughout the Mobile area, including Saraland, Summerdale, Daphne, Spanish Fort, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.